• Minutes of the January 16 2019 Meeting

    February 24th, 2019 by Stan Pilling in General News ·Meeting Minutes

    RUSHEN PARISH COMMISSIONERS
    Minutes of the Monthly Board Meeting
    Held 7pm Wednesday 16th January at Ballafesson Methodist Hall

    Present: Mr D Radcliffe (Chairman), Mr S Pilling, Mr P Gunn and Mr P Vernon.
    Apology: Mr Young (Vice-Chair)
    In attendance: The Clerk

    1. MINUTES: The Minutes of the Meeting held Wednesday 19th December 2018 were agreed having been proposed by Mr Pilling and seconded by Mr Gunn.

    2. MATTERS ARISING.
    a) Street Lighting – LED maintenance costs – the Clerk had been unable to progress on this matter since the last meeting.
    b) Dog Byelaws – the Clerk had been unable to progress on this matter since the last meeting.
    c) Risk Assessment, Health and Safety – the Clerk had been unable to progress on this matter since the last meeting.
    d) Port Erin proposed boundary extension – It was agreed that Mr Gunn, Mr Vernon and the Clerk would attend the site visit. At the inquiry if Port Erin give a lengthy verbal presentation then the Clerk will call for the inquiry to be adjourned so that we would have reasonable time to consider Port Erin’s case. It was agreed that Mr Gunn will introduce Rushen’s side and the Clerk will then expand on Rushen’s case.
    e) Ballafesson flooding – no further action required though there are still flooding issues associated with inadequate infrastructure which will need to be resolved at some point. It was agreed that the Clerk will send a letter of appreciation to Graham Clarke for the ditching work he has undertaken.
    f) Outstanding rates – the Clerk had been unable to progress on this matter since the last meeting.
    g) Play area on the green space within the Ballakilley estate – the Clerk had contacted Dandara again but heard nothing further from Dandara but would again seek further clarification.
    h) Multiuse recreational space – the Commissioners agreed to develop plans for this area at the next meeting.
    i) Litter pick – this would be revisited when the days got a bit longer and the weather improves.
    j) Site visit to the energy from waste plant for Mr Vernon and Mr Pilling – the Clerk had endeavoured to make contact to arrange this visit but had not as yet managed to track down the right person to speak to.
    k) Tree planting in the Parish – the Commissioners agreed to the Chairman’s suggestion that the Commissioners plant a thousand trees at a site by Tom Dippers at the top of the Ballakillowey Road. The Chair will report back to the Woodland Trust and the Clerk will contact DEFA to arrange any necessary permissions.

    3. SOUTHERN CIVIC AMENITY SITE – the Commissioners noted the changes made recently to the site. The re-use part of the site is not open yet due to structural reasons but it was hoped this would open shortly.
    4. MUNICIPAL ASSOCIATION – the January meeting was due to take place at end of the month.
    5. SOUTHERN SWIMMING POOL AUTHORITY – the next meeting was to take place the following evening.
    6. MARASHEN CRESCENT – there had been a brief meeting held this month. The merger with CMEPHB is progressing well.
    7. SOUTHERN HEALTHCARE COMMITTEE – there had been no meeting since the Commissioners December meeting. The AGM would be taking place shortly.
    8. MANX NATIONAL HERITAGE – nothing to report
    9. ROAD MAINTENANCE AND GRASS CUTTING – the Clerk reported that Jones Services were making good progress with road sweeping and gulley emptying.
    i] A letter had been received from a parishioner regarding safety on Kentraugh Back Road. It was agreed that the Clerk would discuss the matter with DoI Highways staff to see what if anything could be done.
    ii] It was agreed to place a dog bin in Port Erin at top of Hunnah Hill/start of the Rocky Road if Port Erin Commissioners will agree to empty it.
    iii] The Chairman has signs for discouraging people from leaving dog mess. It was agreed that the Clerk would arrange for these to be put on Beaton’s lane.

    10. RESPONSIBLE FINANCE OFFICER’S REPORT.
    A] REVENUE (incl. VAT where appropriate):
    The Clerk reported the income which had been received since the last meeting.

    B] ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT (inc. Vat where appropriate)
    The accounts for payment were agreed having been proposed by Mr Vernon and seconded by Mr Pilling.

    C] OTHER MATTERS
    a) Simplification of Bank accounts – the Clerk had not been able to complete this action.

    11. FINANCIAL SITUATION – the following position was noted.
    Balance on last statements December 18/January 2019
    General ‘rates’ account 1,000.00 Liquidity Manager (rates) 120,889.68 Rent account 31,507.52
    Housing account 2,600.86

    12. CORRESPONDENCE
    a) An invitation to Malew Civic Service at 3pm, 3rd March at the Abbey Church was noted.
    b) RTLC Applications, Decisions and Notices were noted.
    c) A letter regarding dog mess on Beaton’s lane was noted.
    d) An email regarding fly tipping of fridge freezer in old café at Fleshwick was noted. The Chairman agreed to arrange for the removal of the fridge freezer.

    13. PLANNING MATTERS
    A] Planning Applications – none
    B] Planning Approvals – these were noted.
    a) 18/01148/B Glenlea Lodge Truggan Road. Mrs Geraldine Batchelor.
    Decision – Head of Development Management. Approved. Issued 8th January 2019.
    b) 18/01136/B Kincroft Surby Road. Mr & Mrs Peter Vernon. Decision – Principal Planner. Approved. Issued 21st December 2018.
    C] Planning Refusals – None
    D] Completion Certificates – these were noted.
    a) 17/07073/ DOM plot 115, Ballakilley. Issued 18th December 2018.
    b) 17/07250/ DEX White House, Mount Gawne Road. Issued 19th December 2018.
    E] Planning appeals – None
    F] Other Planning Matters – None

    14. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
    a) By-election – it was noted that Mr Young had expressed his desire to resign from the Commissioners. It was agreed that Mr Young should be asked to submit in writing his intention to resign, giving his reasons for doing so.
    b) It was agreed to consider the possible erection of a second notice board.
    c) It was agreed to consider guilding the Millennium Stone

    15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING Wednesday 20th February 2019.